Cast-iron pipe systems
Over 100 years of Duktus cast-iron pipes – quality is our tradition – and we’re committed to it!
Duktus has been producing cast-iron pipes since 1901, initially using a sand-casting process to make our pipes. In 1926, we switched to the “De Lavaud” centrifugal pipe process. Over the years and decades since, we have developed and refined our production processes, our interior and exterior protective coatings and our joint technology.
Now, we can draw on all of this experience and apply the knowledge we have gained to new products, enabling us to pass on our expertise to our customers.
Duktus ductile cast-iron pipes and fittings satisfy the very highest standards for modern drinking water and waste water pipelines in terms of leak-tightness, safety, quality, versatility and efficiency, providing long-term security for the customer – who can rest assured that their system is safely protected against leaks.
Socket pipes made from ductile cast iron for drinking water supplies, waste water disposal and for industrial applications
Ductile cast-iron pipes are suitable for use in drinking water supply systems (DIN EN 545) and waste water disposal systems (DIN EN 598), as well as a range of other applications. Depending on their field of use, pipes are available with different internal and external coatings, socket joints and wall-thickness classes.
In accordance with DIN EN 545, the permitted component operating pressures (PFA) for ductile socket pressure pipes are up to 85 bar, depending on the nominal size of the pipe. Higher pressures are available on request. The system is completed with an extensive range of fittings.
|CONNECTION||TYTON®||BRS®||BLS®||Flange||Gland nut socket||Screw socket|
|INNER COATING||Blast furnace cement||High alumina cement||HPM||Polyurethane (PUR)|
|OUTER COATING||Epoxy resin||CMC||CMC Plus||Polyurethane (PUR)
|ACTIVE PROTECTION||Zinc 200 g/m²||Zinc-aluminium 400 g/m²|
Virtually any combination is possible. However, some combinations are more effective than others. Other options available on request.
Please contact our application technology department.
T +49 6441 49 1267 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Ductile cast-iron pipe systems deliver an unsurpassed technical performance
- Corrosion-resistant thanks to internal and external coating
- Reliable exterior protection for all substrates and installation procedures
- Linings resistant to aggressive media
- High static load capacity
- Large safety margin (in the event of pressure fluctuations, static overloading, external factors)
- Patented longitudinal positive locking joints
- Deflectable up to 5°
- Suitable for trenchless installation
- Leakproof even at high internal pressures, negative pressures and high groundwater levels
- Diffusion-resistant pipe material
- Not affected by roots
- Constant material parameters (creep resistance)
Ductile cast-iron pipe systems deliver a superior economic performance
- Quicker, easier and more cost-effective installation
- Thinner pipe walls for narrower trenches
- Excavated material usually reusable
- No welding needed (simplest socket joint)
- Can be installed in any weather
- Ideal for trenchless installation
- Non-ageing material
- Long operating life
- Complete system technology with fittings and accessories
- Efficient and cost-effective planning with Duktus application technology
- Very low damage rate
Ductile cast-iron pipe systems – designed with the environment in mind
- Inorganic material
- Produced from recycled iron/fully recyclable
- Satisfies the most stringent hygiene standards
- The sand used in the cement-mortar lining is free of binding agents and chemical additives
- Fully diffusion-resistant pipe walls
- Operating life up to 140 years